Effective January 10th, 2011, the EPA enacted National Emission Standards for Hazardous Air Pollutants (NESHAP Subpart HHHHHH) that covers all paint stripping and surface coating operations. Most businesses that fall into this category are unaware of the extensive requirements that are to be completed to be compliant with this regulation.
If you haven't yet completed this process to certify with the EPA or are opening a new facility altogether, we can provide expertise on what specifically needs to be done, by whom, and when in order to receive the necessary certification. If you only sent your staff to the required training class, you haven't met the requirements for this regulation! We can also help you file for an exemption from the regulation if your business qualifies.
The required documentation for this regulation is as follows:
- Painter training certifications
- Spray booth filter efficiency documentation
- Spray gun transfer efficiency documentation
- Methylene Chloride content information (products, quantities, MSDS)
- Written Methylene Chloride minimization plan
- Deviation and corrective action documentation
- Record of notification to EPA
Contact us today to get pricing!
For more information, see our FAQ about NESHAP-6H