Investing in Safety: First Aid, CPR, and AED training with GMG EnviroSafe
Making investments is a critical part of running any business, and one of the most significant investments a company can make is in the safety of its employees. Prioritizing safety training programs such as First Aid, CPR, and AED is essential for creating a safe working environment. Not only will employees feel more secure, but they will also be equipped with the necessary skills to respond to emergencies. Minimizing injuries and ensuring the well-being of your employees is always worth the investment. GMG currently offers an eLearning Module introducing the concepts of First Aid, CPR, and AED to create awareness of emergency situations that could be encountered by your employees. Coming this fall, GMG will offer a comprehensive First Aid, CPR, and AED in-person training for individuals in the workplace.
Creating a safety culture is not only about staying compliant but also about investing in proper and comprehensive training programs to ensure your employees and the work environment. While injuries and accidents can be prevented, the fact is, they happen and many times unexpectedly.
But what can you do to ensure the safety and well-being of your employees and business? The answer is simple. You take a proactive approach and provide your employees with the necessary skills and knowledge. By investing in safety programs like First Aid, CPR, and AED training, you will equip your employees to respond effectively to emergency situations.
What is First Aid, CPR, and AED Training?
Let’s explore the details of First Aid, CPR, and AED training.
First Aid focuses on preparing individuals for immediate attention and provides basic life-saving interventions in emergency situations. This covers incidents such as assessing injuries, treating burns, managing bleeding, administering CPR, and responding to common medical emergencies.
CPR focuses on maintaining blood circulation and oxygen when someone’s heart or breathing has stopped. CPR includes rescue breaths and chest compressions to provide oxygen and keep blood flowing to the heart until professional medical help has arrived. This is a crucial life-saving technique used in heart attack cases, drowning, or when an individual is not breathing.
AED, Automated External Defibrillator, is a portable device that analyzes a person’s heart rhythm and delivers an electric shock to restore normal heart function. This is only used in cardiac arrest cases, where the heart suddenly stops beating. The device can monitor the heart’s electrical activity. Although the AED kit comes with visual and audio instructions, having former training will ensure that you and your employees are familiar with the functions and operations of the device, and you can confidently use it in case of an emergency.
While OSHA does not require all employees to be certified in these areas, it’s best to have all employees on-site trained in case of a medical emergency. OSHA does, however, require first aid training for at least one employee when a hospital or a medical clinic is not in “near proximity” (meaning 3-4 minutes away) to the workplace.
The Importance of Workplace Safety Training
Workplace safety is the responsibility of both employers and its employees. The first step towards achieving this goal is to understand that safety is a priority and the second is to have hands-on training.
Other important reasons for safety training include:
- Preventing accidents and injuries: When employees can identify potential hazards, understand safety protocols, and use the equipment correctly, they can significantly decrease workplace accidents. With the knowledge and skills of workplace injury prevention—First Aid, CPR, and AED — they can develop a keen eye for potential dangers and report hazards promptly to prevent injuries.
- Preparing for emergency situations: When your employees are trained to recognize emergency situations, they can quickly intervene to ensure a workplace accident doesn’t get worse. Whether it’s communicating to other employees to evacuate an area or bandaging an injury, First Aid, CPR, and AED training empowers your employees to act fast and safely in emergency situations.
- Saving lives: According to OSHA, there are an estimated 10,000 cardiac arrests in the workplace in the United States every year. With training like First Aid, CPR, and AED training, individuals, in the workplace, can promptly respond to life-threatening situations. Immediate response and appropriate actions can significantly increase the chances of survival for someone experiencing cardiac arrest, choking, and other medical emergencies.
Additionally, workplace safety training also enhances employee morale and satisfaction. Knowing employees feel valued and protected if an emergency occurs gives them peace and a sense of job satisfaction.
GMG EnviroSafe: First Aid, CPR, and AED Training Program by HealthAssure
Coming this fall: To help you take care of your team, our HealthAssure experts have developed a comprehensive First Aid, CPR, and AED training to help your business stay in compliance and help your employees feel secure at work. With in-person training tailored to your facility, we guarantee that all employees and individuals will be taught the necessary skills and knowledge to confidently manage emergency situations until help arrives.
The course training includes:
- First Aid, CPR, and AED Basics
- Medical Conditions and Emergencies
- Traumatic Injuries that can occur in the workplace
- Environmental Injuries (i.e., health-related illnesses and poisoning)
This training will cover in-depth techniques with hands-on experience to best familiarize employees with emergency situations. Trained employees can make a difference in preserving life, preventing injury, and aiding in recovery. GMG is committed to the safety of your employees and your business.
Having the proper training and knowing what actions to take during a medical emergency is crucial and can be a matter of life or death. The best way to prepare your employees and workplace is to ensure that all individuals on site have the knowledge and capability to step in if necessary.
GMG EnviroSafe believes that investing in safety is worthwhile to ensure the well-being of your employees and the overall security of your business. To learn more about our First Aid, CPR, and AED Safety Program training, please contact us!